The fund aims to assist Aboriginal communities to prevent, reduce and respond to family violence. It supports projects that:
- Are Aboriginal led, including Aboriginal led partnerships
- Are consistent with the goals and objectives of the Indigenous Family Violence Regional Action Group Action Plan and strengthen the capacity of organisations and communities to address family violence at a local level
- Will provide an on-going or long term benefit to the community
- Complement existing local community projects or initiatives and demonstrate partnerships with other government or non-government initiatives
- Align with the Victorian Indigenous Family Violence Primary Prevention Framework (2012)
- Align with new Aboriginal 10 year Family Violence Agreement 2018-2028).
Family Safety Victoria invites applications from Victorian Aboriginal organisations and Aboriginal community groups to submit for funding for projects that prevent, reduce and respond to family violence in Victorian Aboriginal communities.
Funding will be made available for projects to be delivered from January 2019 to December 2019.
Application process and timelines
Applications are open from Wednesday 26 September 2018.
- Download and complete the application form and post or hand deliver to your region's Indigenous Family Violence Regional Coordinator (refer to the Community Initiatives Fund Guidelines for contact information)
- Closing date for lodging applications is 1pm Friday 9 November 2018
- As part of the selection process, applicants may be requested to provide additional information to support their application
- Applications will be considered by a Community Initiatives Fund Regional Assessment Panel comprised of a representative of the Indigenous Family Violence Regional Action Group, a representative of the Department of Health and Human Services and an independent Aboriginal representative
- All applicants will be advised of the outcome in January 2019.
Download the guidelines and application form