These projects address priorities that are identified by the eleven Dhelk Dja Action Groups in Victoria.
The fund supports projects that:
- Are Aboriginal led, including Aboriginal led partnerships
- Are consistent with the goals and objectives of the Dhelk Dja Action Groups and strengthen the capacity of Aboriginal communities and Aboriginal organisations to address family violence at a local level
- Will provide an on-going or long-term benefit to the community
- Complement existing local community projects or initiatives and demonstrate partnerships with other government or non-government initiatives
- Align with Dhelk Dja: Safe Our Way – Strong Culture, Strong Peoples, Strong Families 10 Year Agreement (2018-2028)
Community Initiatives Fund 2021-22 funding round
Victorian Aboriginal organisations and/or Aboriginal community groups can submit applications for once off funding for projects of varying amounts. A total of $100,000 is allocated per region.
The funding round will open in the second part of 2021.
For more information, contact your Regional Coordinator located in the Dhelk Dja Action Group regions.
Eastern Metropolitan Region
Mob: 0447 235 130
Northern Metropolitan Region
Mob: 0418 900 718
Southern Metropolitan Region
Mob: 0447 670 135
Western Metropolitan Region
Mob: 0418 923 986
Barwon South West Region
Mob: 0417 396 946
Mob: 0429 334 076
Mob: 0448 946 101
Inner Gippsland Region
Mob: 0429 423 152
Loddon Campaspe Region
Mob: 0428 528 175
East Gippsland Region
Mob: 0417 798 380