What you need to know
Restrictions continue to be in place across Victoria:
- From 11:59pm on Sunday 2 August, face coverings will need to be worn by all Victorians when they leave home, unless they have a lawful exception.
- Victorians outside metropolitan Melbourne, Mitchell Shire, the City of Greater Geelong and the Shires of Colac Otway, Golden Plains, Moorabool, Surf Coast and the Borough of Queenscliffe are being asked to use common sense when it comes to visiting friends and family, especially those who are more vulnerable. That means seeing only those you need to – if you need to.
- Those in the Mitchell Shire can only go in and out of these areas for three reasons: shopping for food and supplies, medical care and caregiving, and study or work – if you can’t do it from home. Exercise and recreation will not be a reason to travel into or out of these areas.
- If you need to travel through metropolitan Melbourne and Mitchell Shire, you can. You should plan your trip so that you don’t need to stop in an impacted area unless it is for one of the three reasons.
- From 11.59pm on Thursday 30 July, if you live in the local government areas of Colac Otway, Greater Geelong, Surf Coast, Moorabool, Golden Plains, and the Borough of Queenscliffe, new restrictions have been introduced that prohibit you from having visitors to your home.
- Stay safe by washing your hands regularly, coughing and sneezing into your elbow, keeping at least 1.5 metres from others and staying home if you feel unwell.
- Visit Victoria's restriction levels to view a map that shows find your location and the restrictions in place.
- If you have symptoms of coronavirus (COVID-19) get tested.