Ageing public housing sites across metropolitan Melbourne and key regional centres are being transformed into vibrant, well-connected neighbourhoods.
New homes, including social, private and affordable housing are being created.
The following public housing sites will see redevelopment activity as part of the Victorian Government’s commitment:
- Ascot Vale estate
- New Street, Brighton
- Gronn Place, Brunswick West
- Holland Court, Flemington
- Victoria Street, Flemington
- Bills Street, Hawthorn
- Tarakan and Bell Bardia estates, Heidelberg West
- Abbotsford Street, North Melbourne
- Walker Street, Northcote
- Bangs Street, Prahran
- Oakover Road and Railway Place West and Stokes and Penola Streets, Preston
- Regional Estate Revitalisation project – Ballarat, Benalla and Bendigo
The redeveloped sites will have a mix of public, private and affordable housing that will meet the housing needs of a greater range of Victorians on the Victorian Housing Register.
The new homes will be built to the Better Apartments Design Standards, will meet the Gold Level Liveable Housing Guidelines and will be 5-star energy and water rated.