Launched in October 2019, Strong Carers, stronger children details Victoria's strategy to better support kinship, foster and permanent carers to drive improved outcomes for children and young people in care.
Strong Carers, stronger children commits to:
- Maintaining children and young people’s connection to family where possible, and finding appropriate care arrangements
- Ensuring carers are adequately prepared to support the children they care for
- Ensuring carers are well-informed, valued and empowered
- Providing relevant and timely training to enable carers to provide safe, stable, quality and culturally-connected care
- Enhancing and improving the supports and systems available to carers
- Facilitating long-term stability for children and young people in care.
Strong Carers, stronger children articulates a vision for the future where carers are supported and empowered to better respond to the changing needs of children and young people in care.
Strong Carers, stronger children will be implemented over the next five years through a series of action plans, developed in consultation with the sector.