On this page
Health services' policy and funding guidelines
The guidelines represent the system-wide terms and conditions (for funding, administrative and clinical policy) of funding for government-funded healthcare organisations.
The guidelines reflect the government and department’s role as a system manager and underpin the contracts at an organisational level (Statements of priorities (SOPs) and service agreements). They set out the requirements that funded organisations must comply with as part of their contractual and statutory obligations, outline activity that is required to receive funding, and detail expectations of administrative and clinical conduct.
The guidelines are relevant for all funded organisations, which includes health services, community service organisations and other funded organisations such as Ambulance Victoria.
The guidelines for 2019-20 contain the following:
- Policy guide
- Appendices – Funding rules.
The policy guide articulates the funding policy priorities, and performance and financial frameworks, including their conditions, within which Victorian government-funded organisations operate.
- Chapter 1: Funding arrangements for Victoria’s health system - details funding arrangements for funded organisations and all other outputs provided by the department.
- Chapter 2: Conditions of funding - Outlines relevant standards and policies that funded organisations must adhere to in order to receive funding from the Victorian Government, ensuring the delivery of safe, high-quality services and responsible financial management.
Appendices – Funding rules
The funding rules specify the financial parameters, specifically the detailed pricing and prescribed budgetary targets, that funded organisations are expected to work to, and within, in order to achieve the outcomes expected by the Victorian Government.
- Appendix 1: Pricing arrangements for Victoria’s health system Details pricing arrangements for funded organisations and all other outputs provided by the department.
- Appendix 2: Funding and activity levels - Provides funding and activity tables detailing the modelled budgets for 2019–20, as well as the 2019–20 targets for a range of programs across the health system.
- Policy and funding guidelines 2019-20 (PDF)
- Policy and funding guidelines 2019-20 (Word)
- Policy and funding guidelines 2019-20: Policy guide (PDF)
- Policy and funding guidelines 2019-20: Policy guide (Word)
- Policy and funding guidelines 2019-20: Appendices – Funding rules (PDF)
- Policy and funding guidelines 2019-20: Appendices – Funding rules (Word)
Human services' policy and funding plan 2015-19
The human services' policy and funding plan 2015–19 provides funded organisations and departmental staff with information about the department’s policy framework, objectives, budget, service deliverables, desired outcomes, reporting requirements, program guidelines and funding initiatives. This volume, colour-coded green, applies to all organisations funded by the former Department of Human Services.
Volume 3 is listed as an applicable departmental policy in Schedule 1 of the Service agreement form of the Common funding agreement. Schedule 1 also lists policy documents applicable to the services for which your organisation is funded. You can view these policies by logging on to the ‘Service Agreement’ module of the Funded Agency Channel, selecting your service agreement and selecting the lower level tab called ‘Service Standard Guidelines’. Links are available from that tab to applicable policy documents.
There are four chapters to Volume 3:
- Chapter 1: Overview and key initiatives
- Chapter 2: Human services output budget Information and unit prices
- Chapter 3: Operational and program policies
- Chapter 4: Activity descriptions.
- Policy and funding guidelines 2018 Volume 3 Human services Chapter 1 (Word)
- Policy and funding guidelines 2018 Volume 3 Human services Chapter 2 (Word)
- Policy and funding guidelines 2018 Volume 3 Human services Chapter 3 (Word)
- Policy and funding guidelines 2018 Volume 3 Human services Chapter 4 (Word)
Health and human services activity search
The Health and human services activity search provides access to detailed information regarding service activities, service standards, guidelines, targets, performance measures and data collection requirements for each human services activity funded by a service agreement.