If we are to achieve this vision, we have a responsibility as a department to address the barriers that hinder the access of many Victorians to the opportunities and services that allow them to live the lives they want.
The inaugural Department of Health and Human Services Disability action plan 2018-2020 outlines how we as a department will achieve our vision. It sets the standard for how we want to operate as a truly inclusive work, policy, and service environment.
Implementation of the Disability employment strategy 2018-2020 is a key action area of the disability action plan. The combined impact of the disability employment strategy and the disability action plan will be the achievement of an accessible, safe and inclusive workplace for staff with disability. It also supports outcomes in the department’s strategic plan by sharpening our focus on increasing access to all of our services and programs for people with disability.
We would like to thank everyone who contributed to the development of the plan and look forward to working together to achieve outcomes for and with people with disability.
You can download the department’s:
- Disability action plan 2018-2020 overview (Word)
- Disability action plan 2018-2020 summary (Word)
- Disability action plan 2018-2020 - 2019-2020 implementation plan (Word).
The plan is also available in accessible formats:
- Disability action plan 2018-2020 easy read summary (Word)
- Disability action plan 2018-2020 - 2019-2020 implementation plan easy English (Word)
- Disability action plan 2018-2020 summary - Braille version (available on request by emailing the Office for Disability)
- Disability action plan 2018-2020 summary - Auslan video:
Disability action plan 2018-2020 Auslan summary - Video transcript(Word)
To find out more, please contact the Office for Disability by phone on 1300 880 043 Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm. Alternatively, email the Office for Disability.