The strategic plan focuses on:
- Ensuring that client, patient and system outcomes drive all that we do
- Empowering individuals to make choices that promote good physical and mental health and help them stay connected to their culture and community
- Delivering the government’s commitments, priorities and policy objectives as we begin a new term
- Strengthening the safety, quality, performance and design of our systems
- Contributing to a strong Victorian economy in our role as an employer by building the capabilities of the workforces that deliver our services, creating jobs through our service delivery and capital works, and through our economic output and support for research
- Deepening our engagement with patients, clients, victim-survivors, staff, funded agencies and community members to design and improve our services
- Embracing our patients, clients and victim-survivors as partners in their own care
- Strengthening our internal systems and equipping our staff to deliver better outcomes.
The strategic plan has a medium-term outlook, covering a rolling 4-year period, and is refreshed every year to reflect changes in government and departmental priorities and commitments.
This strategic plan sets out the priority and enabling actions that guide our direction, effort and investment for the 2019–20 year.
The strategic plan