They guide our behaviour and work practices, and they influence how we interact with colleagues, partner organisations, clients, patients and other Victorians.
We are respectful
- We treat people with fairness, objectivity, and courtesy
- We listen and communicate honestly and clearly
- We seek to understand others' perspectives, experiences and contributions
- We recognise and value people's diversity, equality and human rights.
We have integrity
- We are trustworthy, and we do what we say we will do
- We are professional in all our dealings with others
- We stay true to our values when it's easy and when it's difficult.
- We help each other as colleagues
- We generously share our knowledge, expertise and skills
- We work in partnership with people and organisations to find the best approach
- We are inclusive and seek people's input and involvement.
We care for people, families and communities
- We involve people in decisions that affect their lives
- We value our colleagues, and we develop and support them to be resilient and effective
- We have empathy for people and seek to understand their perspectives
- We support and empower people through our work.
We are accountable
- We each take ownership of the quality and demonstrable impacts of our work
- We ensure that our decisions and actions are evidence-based and outcomes-focused
- We are careful about and transparent in how we use public resources.
We are innovative
- We are flexible, creative and responsive to changing needs
- We have the courage to take informed risks and try something new
- We are reflective and seek feedback to inform and shape our work.