Our vision is to achieve the best health, wellbeing and safety of all Victorians so that they can lead a life they value.
We seek to break disadvantage, not by reinforcing dependency, but by working to harness all of government’s resources to build capability, opportunity and inclusion.
Most people want to be connected to their communities, and experience a good life. Their health, safety and wellbeing rely on being able to participate fully in the community and economy and access services they value. Our purpose is to help them to get there.
To do this successfully, the department’s work is focused on four strategic directions:
- Person-centred services and care
- Local solutions
- Earlier and more connected support
- Advancing quality, safety and innovation
Our strategic plan
The department’s strategic plan is our roadmap for delivering on our priorities and commitments.
The strategic plan focuses on:
- Ensuring that client, patient and system outcomes drive all that we do
- Empowering individuals to make choices that promote good physical and mental health and help them stay connected to their culture and community
- Delivering the government’s commitments, priorities and policy objectives as we begin a new term
- Strengthening the safety, quality, performance and design of our systems
- Contributing to a strong Victorian economy in our role as an employer by building the capabilities of the workforces that deliver our services, creating jobs through our service delivery and capital works, and through our economic output and support for research
- Deepening our engagement with patients, clients, victim-survivors, staff, funded agencies and community members to design and improve our services
- Embracing our patients, clients and victim-survivors as partners in their own care
- Strengthening our internal systems and equipping our staff to deliver better outcomes..
The strategic plan has a medium-term outlook, covering a rolling 4-year period, and is refreshed every year to reflect changes in government and departmental priorities and commitments.
This strategic plan sets out the priority and enabling actions that guide our direction, effort and investment for the 2019–20 year.
Children, families and disabilities
- Absolutely everyone: state disability plan 2017-2020
- Child Safe Standards
- Roadmap for Reform: strong families; safe children
- Targeting zero: the review of hospital safety and quality assurance in Victoria
- Victoria’s Health and medical Research Strategy 2016-2020
- Victoria’s International Health Strategy 2016-2020: Partnering for a health prosperous future
- Victorian public health and wellbeing plan 2019-2023
- Health 2040: advancing health, access and care
- 10-year Mental health Plan
- Victorian Suicide prevention framework 2016-2025