In permitted workplaces:
- If you can work from home, you must work from home.
- If your employees can work from home, you must support them to work from home.
- You need a permit to leave home for work and the permit requires your employer to state you cannot work remotely.
- Any onsite functions must operate under the minimum obligations to reduce the spread of coronavirus (COVID-19) including have a COVIDSafe Plan in place.
- For operational guidance and frequently asked questions for businesses and industries visit Business Victoria.
This information is subject to the Directions of Victoria’s Chief Health Officer.
|Permitted industries||Announcement date||Effective from|
|Car parks supporting permitted workers and industries||Monday 3 August||11.59pm Wednesday 5 August|
|Urgent / emergency residential repair and maintenance (including to maintain access to critical utilities and services such as telecommunications)||Monday 3 August||11.59pm Wednesday 13 August|
Places of worship for:
|Monday 3 August||11.59pm Thursday 20 August|
|Essential maintenance for safety and upkeep of public and recreational spaces, such as parks, gardens, golf courses||Monday 3 August||11.59pm Wednesday 5 August|
|Automotive, machinery and equipment repair and maintenance are permitted to operate where providing support to a permitted service or industry or where required to maintain the health and safety of Victorians at home or at work||Monday 3 August||11.59pm Wednesday 5 August|
|Labour hire when servicing a permitted workplace||Monday 3 August||11.59pm Wednesday 5 August|
|Security services where required for the safety of a permitted workplace||Monday 3 August||11.59pm Wednesday 5 August|
|Thoroughbred, harness and greyhound racing, with necessary participants only||Monday 3 August||11.59pm Wednesday 5 August|
|Elite sport facilities for the training of professional and high-performance sports persons only||Monday 3 August||11.59pm Wednesday 5 August|