The Department of Health and Human Services has developed a Stakeholder Engagement and Public Participation Framework and Toolkit to strengthen our engagement with the health and human services sector, other stakeholders and the Victorian community.
As a department, our priority is to put people at the centre of everything we do. This means working together with our sector, stakeholders, clients and community to deliver policies and services that will achieve the best outcomes for them.
Our Stakeholder Engagement and Public Participation Framework and Toolkit supports the delivery of the department’s Strategic Plan. It sets out the department’s commitment to – and direction for – public participation and stakeholder engagement.
The framework and toolkit outlines the fundamental principles and elements that underpin good engagement practice, including:
- Being clear about the purpose of our engagement
- Knowing the history, who is affected and how they should be included
- Planning engagement early
- Being genuine and inclusive in our engagement
- Providing clarity on our role and monitoring our progress
- Communicating regularly and providing feedback to our community and stakeholders
- Evaluating our engagement efforts and sharing our lessons
For more information on the department’s engagement, email our Stakeholder Engagement Team.