Note: Department of Health and the Department of Families, Fairness and Housing do not manage complaints about Medicare, Centrelink, Child Support or the National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS).
- For Medicare, Centrelink, Child Support please phone Australian Government Department of Human Services on 1800 132 468, or see their Complaints and feedback page.
- For National Disability Insurance Scheme please phone the National Disability Insurance Scheme on 1800 800 110 or submit an online feedback form on the NDIS complaints page.
What you can make a complaint about
You can make a complaint about any service provided by Department of Health or Department of Families, Fairness and Housing or one of their funded service providers. We want our services to work for people who need and use them. We can always do better and we listen to people using our services, their advocates and representatives.
We want to know if:
- you feel a service is unsatisfactory
- you did not receive enough information or choice
- you were denied respect, dignity or privacy.
When handling your complaint we will:
- provide information that is helpful, accurate, and easy to understand
- be courteous and considerate in our communication
- promptly refer requests to the appropriate person
- respond to your matter within a reasonable time
- keep you informed of progress or delays.
Make a complaint or provide feedback
Find out how you can make a complaint or provide feedback on the following websites: