The department recruits local and international health practitioners to public health services. Services are in both metropolitan and rural areas. We encourage nurses to go back to work. Health workplace safety gives Victorians access to qualified and experienced health professionals.
A job in the Victorian public health sector provides you with training, education and career opportunities.
- A registered nurse must have a three-year bachelor’s degree from a tertiary education provider.
- An enrolled nurse must have an 18 month Diploma (Nursing) qualification at TAFE or an equivalent training provider.
- Postgraduate nursing courses are available to enable specialisation in nursing.
- A medical practitioner must have a medical degree from a tertiary education provider. This includes an approved period of post-graduate internship.
- A medical specialist must complete training through a recommended medical specialist colleges.
Find a job with a health service
In Victoria there are two websites listing health jobs.
Health jobs - the Victorian public sector health employment website
Lists job vacancies for a range of health disciplines. The Department of Health and Human Services manages this website.
To apply for a job advertised on this website, please contact the relevant advertiser for each job.
Careers with the Victorian Government
How to apply
If you are a new user, you must firstly register to access online jobs in the Department of Health and Human Services.
You create a personalised profile to help match your health skills and experience. The more thorough your information, the more use you can make of online job application, recruitment and service information.
The How to Apply section of the Careers website has full details.