This page has information for LGBTIQ+ Victorians about mental health support, financial support services, legal support services or help for people experiencing family or domestic violence.
  • For the latest information and advice on restrictions visit Victoria's restriction levels
  • You can also call the Victorian coronavirus (COVID-19) hotline on 1800 675 398 (free call, 24-hours) for advice or information about restrictions. If you need an interpreter, press 0 when you call. 
On this page

Staying well

Victorians in LGBTIQ+ communities can take important steps to help slow the spread of coronavirus (COVID-19) to help keep everyone safe.

Find the latest information and advice on restrictions at Victoria's restriction levels.

Help to slow the spread of coronavirus (COVID-19) by:

  • Practising good hygiene – wash your hands thoroughly, and cough and sneeze into a tissue or your elbow.
  • Keep your distance – stay 1.5 metres away from anyone you don’t live with.
  • Get tested if you have symptoms of coronavirus (COVID-19), however mild.
  • Stay at home and self-isolate until you receive your results.

Wear a face mask when you leave home, no matter where you live, unless you have a lawful reason for not doing so, such as a relevant medical condition.

LGBTIQ+ Victorians can also maintain their health and wellbeing by:

  • keeping active
  • taking care of your mental health
  • staying connected with family, including chosen family, friends and peers in your community using technology
  • monitoring existing health conditions and seeking healthcare, if required
  • keeping important scheduled medical appointments
  • taking medications that your doctor has prescribed
  • seeking help if you feel anxious, uncertain or unsafe.

Staying in touch with family, including chosen family, peers in your community and friends using technology – such as video calls, phone calls or emails – is a great way to help maintain your wellbeing.

It’s normal to have feelings of increased anxiety, stress or loneliness during this time – your feelings are valid.

If you are not feeling like your normal self, it’s important that you reach out to others, talk to a trusted friend or loved one, or contact one of services below for support.

Keeping active

Victorians in rainbow communities may wish to use the following resources to help stay active:

  • Free online fitness classes have been created by trans-run fitness group Fearless Movement Collective, alongside Drummond Street Services.
  • Pride Cup has some information for LGBTIQ+ people on their website for maintaining health and wellbeing.

Keeping connected in metropolitan Melbourne

In metropolitan Melbourne, if you live alone or are a single parent, you can form a ‘single social bubble’ with one other person.

The ‘single social bubble’ allows you to visit each other for social connection. Single parents with dependents (including young children under 18 years) who cannot be left alone are included in the bubble.

If you live in metropolitan Melbourne you can only form a bubble with someone who lives in metropolitan Melbourne, not regional Victoria. If the person you nominate to be in your bubble lives with other people, you can only visit them when they are the only adult at their home. Alternatively, they can visit you at your home. When visiting someone in your ‘single social bubble’ inside the home you must wear a face mask.

For more information, visit: Social gatherings: Metropolitan Melbourne Second Step

Also think about how you can spend time outdoors. In metropolitan Melbourne, exercise is one of the four reasons you can leave your home. Up to ten people, including you, and from a maximum of two households, can meet in a public outdoor space for exercise and outdoor social activity as long as you do not travel more than 25km. Remember, you must wear a face mask at all times outside your home, unless you have a legal exemption.

For more information, visit: Sport and exercise: Metropolitan Melbourne Second Step.

Keeping connected in regional Victoria

Regional Victoria moved to the Third Step at 11:59pm on 16 September, which means there is now more flexibility for how you can connect with friends, family and chosen family, and peers in your community. You can meet in a group of up to 10 people in a public outdoor place (babies under 12 months are not included in this cap).

For more information about social bubbles and visitors to your home please visit: Third Step restrictions - Regional Victoria.

If you live in regional Victoria, up to two people can visit a household once per day. Infants under 12 months are not included in this cap, and other dependents can also attend if they cannot be left unattended or cared for in another setting.

For more information, visit: Social gatherings: Regional Victoria Third Step

If you live in regional Victoria, there is no time limit on the amount of time you can spend outdoors, or the distance you can travel, however you cannot enter metropolitan Melbourne unless you have a permitted reason. You must wear a face mask at all times outside your home, unless you have a legal exemption.

For more information on how restrictions apply in your area, visit: Victoria's restriction levels.

Peer support groups and workshops

  • Thorne Harbour Health coordinates a series of peer support workshops where participants can socialise and engage in a shared learning experience.  
  • Transgender Victoria are currently supporting a range of peer-support activities and groups through Support for Peer-Support Activities that Revitalise Kinship (SPARK).
  • Co.vid-connect is a weekly lunchtime video catch up run by Intersex Peer Support Australia and Intersex Human Rights Australia. Video catch ups are held for one hour each Tuesday and Thursday at 1pm AEST/AEDT, for members of each of these groups who are at home due to coronavirus (COVID-19) restrictions.
  • Queer Sisterhood Project is a refugee-led and peer-run support and advocacy group which aims to provide a space of community and belonging for LGBTIQ+ refugee women. They are based in Sydney but run an online chat for women in other states.  
  • LGBTIQA+ Carer Group queerspace is an online group for LGBTIQA+ people who provide unpaid care and support to others and want to connect with people in a similar situation. To join please contact (03) 9663 6733 or email
  • The Village queerspace is a seven-week program for parents of gender diverse and gender non-conforming children, who wish to share and talk through experiences and anxieties they may be feeling.  

Entertainment and socialising

  • Kerrie and Dolly’s House Party is a weekly light entertainment variety program, hosted by Dolly Diamond and Kerrie Stanley, every Thursday at 7:30pm. It is broadcast on Facebook Live by JOY TV.
  • All the Queen’s Men run a free digital dance party each month to connect the rainbow community and allies.  
  • Vau ;d'vile Drag Cabaret Restaurant host a virtual drag show on their Facebook page on Friday and Saturday nights. Fabulash Fridays begins at 6pm, while Saturdays with the Vixens begins at 7pm.
  • Pride of our Footscray Community Bar are hosting a number of events online regularly, including Drag Bingo and a poetry and spoken word evening. 

Social support for people experiencing isolation, including older LGBTIQ+ Victorians

  • Rainbow Connection is a program run by Thorne Harbour Health which has traditionally aimed to reduce social isolation among older members of the LGBTIQ+ community, but during the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic has been expanded to support any LGBTIQ+ people who are isolated or impacted by coronavirus, regardless of their age. Through the program, community support volunteers assist people by sharing activities or engaging in practical support. For more information call (03) 9863 0426 or email
  • Out & About is a free program of Switchboard Victoria especially for older LGBTIQ+ people, which aims to reduce social isolation and loneliness through creating peer friendships and community connections.
  • COVID-19 Queer Air Naarm/Melbourne coordinates grassroots support for people who are in quarantine, self-isolating, or at high risk, such as shopping for people, driving them to medical appointments, checking in on people, gardening, cooking, pet-sitting, sewing reusable face-masks, or offering emotional support. 

Social support for young people

  • Minus18 has been hosting online events for LGBTIQ+ young people.
  • The Zoe Belle Gender Collective is a youth project that provides LGBTIQ+ and allyship workshops for young people aged up to 25, when arranged by an organisation. 

Networking and mentoring

  • GLOBE has been hosting online networking events for LGBTIQ+ professionals. 
  • Out for Australia seeks to support and mentor aspiring LGBTIQ+ professionals as they navigate their careers and runs virtual events.   
  • Polaris and A Place at the Table are mentoring services offered by queerspace and Drummond Street Services, which help build the resilience and mental health of LGBTIQ+ people by providing support through skills, identify and community. One-on-one mentoring is now held via phone, email and Zoom, with fortnightly groups held via Zoom. 

Event listings

Focusing on good news is another way to help support your wellbeing. The Kindness Pandemic project run by Celebrate Ageing, and begun in LGBTIQ+ communities, showcases how people are supporting others who are affected by coronavirus (COVID-19).  

Mental health support

The coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic has been a challenging time for many LGBTIQ+ Victorians. For some, it may have exacerbated mental health challenges they were already facing, while for others it has brought about new stresses. 

What to do if you or someone you know is in immediate danger 

If you or someone you know is in immediate danger call Triple Zero (000). 

Regional Victoria

In regional Victoria there are no limits on how far you can travel to see friends or family who also live in regional Victoria.  Limits on gatherings still apply. Stay up to date by regularly checking Third Step restrictions - Regional Victoria. If it’s not possible to see friends and family in person at this time, consider using video communications, phone, email, or instant messages.  

Metropolitan Melbourne

If you live in metropolitan Melbourne and are worried about the mental health of a friend or family member who is not in your ‘single social bubble’, you cannot visit them at their home. But you can meet up with them for exercise or socialising outside, as long as you both stay within 25km of your homes. You could use this opportunity to talk to them and see if they are OK or need support.

You can leave home to care for a sick or elderly relative. If you are providing care for someone you should try to keep 1.5 metres between you when you can. Wear a face mask.

You can leave home to accompany someone for essential medical treatment if you are a parent, guardian or necessary support person. 

For more information on current restrictions in metropolitan Melbourne visit: Victoria's restriction levels.

If you are seeking or providing urgent medical care and caregiving, or if you are not safe in your home, you can leave home. If you are in this situation, and you live in metropolitan Melbourne, you can travel further than the 25km travel radius. 

This means you can leave home to prevent self-harm, and to seek support from a friend or family member. You do not need a permit. 

If you are worried about someone you know who is at risk of harming themselves, phone 000. You can also go to their home. Remember to follow the COVIDSafe Principles:

  • Wear a face mask when you leave home. When you are visiting someone or have a visitor you must wear a face mask. 
  • Maintain physical distancing of 1.5 metres.  
  • Cough and sneeze into tissue or your elbow.  
  • Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds or use hand sanitiser.  

Lifeline has advice for people who are worried someone is feeling suicidal. Call a crisis line like Lifeline 13 11 14 or 000 if life is in danger.

Support services

Mental health support

If you would like support with your mental health, and are not in immediate danger, there are services designed specifically for LGBTIQ+ people that can help you get through this challenging time. 

  • Rainbow Door is a free helpline run by Switchboard Victoria which supports LGBTIQ+ Victorians, their friends and family during the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic and beyond.  The service can provide LGBTIQ+ specialist, multidisciplinary support for family violence, mental health and relationship issues. Rainbow Door operates 7 days a week between 10am - 6pm and is available by calling 1800 729 367, texting 0480 017 246 or emailing    
  • Switchboard Victoria is a peer-driven support service for LGBTIQ+ people, their families, allies and communities. You can chat to a peer LGBTIQ+ phone worker by calling 1800 184 527 between 3pm and midnight every day of the week. You can also chat with someone online during the same times at
  • Queerspace provides low or no cost confidential counselling services to support LGBTIQ+ communities and their families. Phone: (03) 9663 6733 to see how they can support you.
  • Thorne Harbour Health provides professional, affordable counselling for members of LGBTIQ+ communities and individuals or couples who are affected by or at risk of HIV. 
  • Australian Government is providing access to an extra 10 Medicare-subsidised psychological therapy sessions. Speak with your GP about how to start or update your mental health care plan.  
  • Victorian Pride Centre’s website features a list of services and support groups. 

There are also services available which are inclusive of LGBTIQ+ people, including: 

  • VincentCare welcomes people who are lesbian, gay, bisexual, trans, intersex, queer and gender diverse.  
  • Beyond Blue provides a Coronavirus Mental Wellbeing Support Service. Phone: 1800 512 348.
  • Lifeline is a crisis support service offering short term support at any time for people who are having difficulty coping or staying safe. Phone: 13 11 14.

There are several medical services for trans and gender diverse communities, including counselling and mental health services.

The following LGBTIQ+-inclusive support services are available for young people. 

  • Eheadspace offers online and webchat support and counselling for 12 to 25-year-olds, their family and friends. Phone: 1800 650 893. 
  • Kids Helpline offers private and confidential phone and online counselling services for young people aged five to 25. Phone: 1800 55 1800. 

Drug and alcohol support

If you or someone you know would like support with drug and alcohol use, there are LGBTIQ+ specialists who can help. 

Thorne Harbour Health has experienced counsellors who you can speak with to discuss your concerns and goals around your alcohol or drug use. They also run a series of free therapeutic alcohol and other drug group throughout the year.  

There are also services available which are inclusive of LGBTIQ+ people, including: 

  • Directline provides drug and alcohol counselling and referrals. They are available 27/4 – phone: 1800 888 236. 
  • Youth Drugs and Alcohol Advice (YoDAA) provides young people with alcohol and drug information, support options, a service finder and options for self-help. Phone 1800 458 685 between 9am and 8pm, Monday to Friday. 

Family violence support

With people staying at home more than usual to slow the spread of coronavirus (COVID-19), there may be an increased risk for LGBTIQ+ Victorians facing violence in the home.

When it is safe to do so, contact or have someone who can call safe steps on 1800 015 188 24 hours a day, 7 days a week for family violence help and support. Support is also available by emailing or using their web chat support service available Monday to Friday, 9am to- 9pm. 

You can leave home at any time and travel further than 25km to escape family violence, or violence by another person in the home, and you are at risk.  

For more information go to the family violence support page.

For LGBTIQ+ Victorians experiencing family violence who are not in immediate danger, there is specialised support available, including: 

  • WithRespect, a family violence and intimate partner violence service supporting LGBTIQ+ communities and their families. It provides tele-counselling and support, for both people experiencing violence and those who use violence, from Monday to Friday between 9am and 5pm. After-hours support, referrals and tele-counselling are also available on Wednesday between 5pm and 11pm, and on Saturday and Sunday between 3pm and 10pm. You can seek this support by calling 1800 LGBTIQ+ (1800 542 847).
  • Futures free from violence queerspace is a program which offers participants who have used force or violence in family and intimate partner relationships the opportunity to work towards change in both a supported group and one-to-one therapeutic environment. Phone: 1800 542 847.
  • Kara House provides support for women and children affected by family violence and has specialist family violence practitioners with LGBTIQ+ training. Its services include providing crisis accommodation for same sex attracted women experiencing abuse in a relationship. 

There are also family violence services which are inclusive of LGBTIQ+ people, including: 

  • safe steps is the state-wide access point for those who need to leave a violent situation and access emergency crisis accommodation. Call safe steps on 1800 015 188 for help 24/7 or email The safe steps web chat support service is available Monday to Friday, 9am to 9pm. 
  • 1800Respect provides support to people impacted by sexual assault, domestic or family violence and abuse. It is available 24/7 on 1800 737 732 or through webchat at 1800RESPECT Online Chat
  • Sexual Assault Crisis Line (SACL) is a crisis counselling service for people who have experienced both past and recent sexual assault. It is available 24/7 on 1800 806 292. 

Interacting with police

You can leave home at any time and travel further than 25km if there is an emergency or if there is family violence, or violence by another person in the home, and you are at risk. If you are stopped by police, tell them that you feel unsafe at home and they can help you.

Protecting Victorians remains a top priority for government during the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic. Family violence frontline services, including crisis accommodation, police and courts continue to operate to support women, children and families during the coronavirus emergency. Victoria Police continue to address and prevent family violence as a priority. The police response remains unchanged, identifying risks and taking the appropriate action to hold perpetrators to account and keep victims safe.

Be assured that you have the right to feel safe, access medical support and maintain contact with friends and family. You also have the right to leave the house in an emergency or if you are at risk of harm because of family violence and won’t be fined if you do so.

LGBTIQ+ liaison officers

Victoria Police has appointed LGBTIQ+ liaison officers (previously called Gay and Lesbian Liaison Officers - GLLOs) across the state, to help foster mutual trust between police and rainbow communities. LGBTIQ+ liaison officers are a contact point for LGBTIQ+ community members and can provide advice, assistance and recommendations to Victoria Police on the policing needs of LGBTIQ+ people.

Find a Victoria Police LGBTIQ+ liaison officer and their contact details at LGBTIQ liaison officers.

Legal support

LGBTIQ+ Victorians can get support with legal issues during the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic.

The LGBTIQ+ Legal Service provides free help for LGBTIQ+ people with everyday legal problems including discrimination, family violence, criminal law, change of name issues and more. They can respond to your request within five business days. 

For immediate free legal support, you can phone Victoria Legal Aid on 1300 792 387 between 8am and 5pm on weekdays. A webchat option is also available during this timeframe at their website.

Fitzroy Legal Service also run an LGBTIQ+ family law legal advice clinic on the first Wednesday of each month. An appointment is required.

People aged under 25 can also access free legal support from Youthlaw, by calling (03) 9113 9500 or emailing between 9am and 5pm on weekdays. They usually call back or reply within two days but may take up to five days.

Financial support

If you are experiencing financial challenges and facing hardship due to coronavirus (COVID-19), you can access payments and other supports available. 

To learn about the government financial support available, visit:

This support includes emergency relief packages for people currently residing in Victoria who need to quarantine or isolate due to coronavirus (COVID-19) and don’t have enough to food to feed themselves or their families. For more information visit: Financial and other support for coronavirus (COVID-19). 

Drummond Street Services can also provide support to people experiencing food insecurity through their FOODS program. To enquire about this support, phone (03) 9663 6733. 

Financial help for international students, asylum seekers, refugees and other temporary visa holders.

The Victorian Government is also offering relief payments for international students.  

The Asylum Seeker Resource Centre (03 9326 6066) and the Australian Red Cross may be able to provide basic needs and assistance to asylum seekers, refugees and other temporary visa holders experiencing extreme hardship. 

Anyone who is legally allowed to work in Australia is also eligible to participate in the Working for Victoria initiative, which helps jobseekers find work and access online training, and helps employers quickly find workers with the skills and experience they need. 

Black Rainbow provide pre-paid phone and data credit to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander LGBTIQ+ people who may be homeless, leaving a domestic violence relationship or in the justice system.  

Coronavirus (COVID-19) testing venues with a Rainbow Tick

The coronavirus (COVID-19) test is free for everyone in Victoria. This includes people without a Medicare card, such as visitors from overseas, migrant workers and asylum seekers. It is important to get tested if you have symptoms of coronavirus (COVID-19), no matter how mild. 

The Rainbow Tick is a national accreditation program for organisations that are committed to safe and inclusive practice and service delivery for LGBTIQ+ people. Having Rainbow Tick accreditation helps an organisation let its LGBTIQ+ clients, staff and communities know that they will receive inclusive services as soon as they walk in the door. 

The program is owned and developed by Rainbow Health Victoria. 

Some LGBTIQ+ Victorians seeking to be tested for coronavirus may feel more comfortable receiving this support from an organisation with a Rainbow Tick accreditation. In Victoria, this includes: 

Your normal GP can also offer coronavirus (COVID-19) testing.

Cohealth is also committed to providing inclusive, accessible and responsive health and community services that respect all people regardless of gender, sexuality, or intersex status and has a range of testing sites.

Visiting family and friends

For more information on visiting family and friends visit Victoria’s restrictions.

Can I visit my family (including my chosen family) and friends and can they visit me?

In metropolitan Melbourne you cannot have visitors, including friends or family, at your home – unless it is for a permitted reason. For example, to do emergency repairs, or if it is your intimate partner.

If you live alone or are a single parent, you can form a social bubble with one other person who can visit you at home.

In regional Victoria, up to two people can visit a household once per day. Infants under 12 months are not included in this cap, and other dependents can attend if they cannot be left unattended or cared for in another setting.

Learn more about forming a single social bubble in metropolitan Melbourne and current restrictions in regional Victoria.

Can I meet with a relative or friend outdoors?

As Victoria moves through the roadmap for reopening, you are now able to safely reconnect with friends and family outdoors in certain circumstances. In metropolitan Melbourne, you are allowed to exercise or socialise outdoors with up to ten people, including you, from a maximum of two households, as long as you do not travel more than 25km. 

In regional Victoria, you can exercise or do sporting activities outside with the people you live with or up to 10 people (including yourself), keeping at least 1.5 metres between you and others.   

Read about meeting friends or family outdoors in regional Victoria and metropolitan Melbourne

Visiting an intimate partner

Am I allowed to visit my intimate partner?

Yes, partners living separately can visit each other at home.

For information on the restrictions that apply in your area visit regional Victoria and metropolitan Melbourne.

Care-giving and mental health support

Under what circumstances can I leave my home to care for a relative or friend?

Metropolitan Melbourne

In metropolitan Melbourne, you are only permitted to leave home for four reasons: shopping, exercise, medical care and caregiving, and to go to permitted work (if it cannot be done from home).

However, there are exemptions that allow you to leave home for safety, compassionate and care reasons. 

If you are seeking or providing urgent medical care and caregiving, or if you aren’t feeling safe in your home, you can leave home. If you are in this situation and live in metropolitan Melbourne you can travel further than 25km from your home.

For information on the restrictions that apply in your area visit metropolitan Melbourne.

Regional Victoria

In regional Victoria, there are no restrictions on reasons to leave home or the distance you can go in regional Victoria but you must wear a face mask. 

For information on the restrictions that apply in your area visit regional Victoria.

Can I leave the home if I’m at risk of self-harm or am worried about someone’s mental health?

You can leave home at any time in an emergency to seek urgent medical care or support, including to prevent self-harm. You can travel to a friend or family member’s house. When leaving your house remember to wear a face mask and keep 1.5 metres between you and other people.

For a list of LGBTIQ+-specific mental health support services go to the Mental health support section of this page.

For information on family violence go to the family violence support page. 

If you or someone you know is in immediate danger call Triple Zero (000). 

Can I leave home if I’m experiencing family violence?

Yes, you can leave your home at any time if it is unsafe because of family violence. A list of LGBTIQ+-specific support services is available on this page. 

If you or someone you know is in immediate danger, call Triple Zero (000).

Medical care

What if I am trans or gender diverse and my elective surgery has been cancelled?

To ensure Victoria's hospitals have the beds, equipment and staff they need during the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic, the Victorian Government has paused all Category 3 and non-urgent Category elective surgery in both metropolitan Melbourne and regional Victoria.

Elective surgery is resuming in stages, in line with the Victorian Government’s roadmap for reopening. Hospitals in regional Victoria increased to 75 per cent of usual elective surgery activity from 17 September and 85 per cent from 28 September. Hospitals in metropolitan Melbourne increased to 75 per cent of usual activity from 28 September, when they entered the Second Step of the roadmap, and will increase to 85 per cent of usual activity when they move to the Third Step.

Thorne Harbour Health has provided more insight on this topic at their coronavirus (COVID-19) information for Trans, Gender Diverse, Non-Binary Communities.

Victorian Trans and Gender Diverse Community Health Services at Your Community health has support services available.

If I am trans or gender diverse, how can I access hormones at this time?

Some health services may be limited at this time, so it is best to check in with your regular doctor. Thorne Harbour Health has more information for Trans, Gender Diverse, Non-Binary Communities.

What impact will coronavirus (COVID-19) have on me if I am HIV positive?

While every Victorian is at risk of becoming infected with the coronavirus (COVID-19), underlying illnesses make people more likely to become very sick with the condition. These conditions include people with low or suppressed immune systems, such as those living with HIV. It's important to note that being undetectable does not mean that your immune system is not impaired.

LGBTIQ+ Victorians with pre-existing health conditions such as HIV are encouraged to monitor them and seek healthcare if required, as they usually would. People should also keep important scheduled medical appointments, and take medications that their doctor has prescribed.

For peer-based information and support, please visit Living Positively Victoria.

Thorne Harbour Health has also provided insight on this topic on their page of coronavirus (COVID-19) information for people living with HIV.

For people who are contemplating changing their use of pre-exposure prophylaxis (PrEP) due to the pandemic, you can get more information from Thorne Harbour Health.

Social support

What if I do not live in a supportive household?

You can leave your home if it is not safe for you. There are LGBTIQ+-specific services for people experiencing family violence.

There are services which can discreetly provide support over webchat, including QLife (between 3pm and midnight daily) and eHeadspace (from 9am – 1am daily).

Minus18 has comprehensive advice for young people on dealing with an unsupportive family.

Are there any social groups for LGBTIQ+ Victorians?

There are lots of ways to connect with other LGBTIQ+ Victorians virtually during this pandemic.

Please see the options listed under the heading ‘Keeping connected’ on this page.

International students, temporary visitors, asylum seekers and refugees +

What support is available if I am an LGBTIQ+ international student?

The Drum Youth Services has programs that can help LGBTIQ+ international students learn English or connect with others in their situation, as they deal with the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic in Victoria:

  • Queer International English Classes – The Drum runs a monthly English practice workshops for LGBTIQ+ international students at a university, college or vocational institution in Melbourne.
  • (In)visible connects young queer and trans people from diverse cultural and religious backgrounds through community workshops and events.

The Victorian Government is also offering relief payments for international students facing financial hardship.

LGBTIQ+ Victorians living in rural and regional areas

What if my internet connection is too poor to connect with others online?

Regional Victoria moved to the Third Step at 11:59pm on 16 September, which means there is now more flexibility for how you can connect with friends, family and chosen family, and peers in your community. You can meet up in group of up to 10 people (including you) in a public outdoor place (babies under 12 months are not included in this cap). Up to two people can also visit a household once per day (babies under 12 months also aren’t included in this cap, and other dependents can attend if they cannot be left unattended or cared for in another setting). See Keeping connected in regional Victoria for more information.