What you need to keep doing
- Practise good hygiene and regularly and thoroughly wash your hands.
- Maintain physical distancing, keep at least 1.5 metres away from others.
From 11:59 PM 22 November
- Everyone in Victoria aged 12 years and older needs to carry a fitted face mask outside of their home, unless they have a lawful reason not to wear one.
- Face masks remain mandatory indoors (except in your own home) and are no longer required outdoors where it is possible to stay more than 1.5 metres away from people you don’t live with.
- Face masks must be worn outdoors in settings where physical distancing cannot be maintained, such as a train station or an outdoor food market.
- If you feel unwell do not go to work.
- Get tested at a nearby testing location. Return home immediately.
- If you are worried you will lose pay while you wait for test result or you have tested positive and need to self-isolate you may be eligible for a worker support payment.
- If your condition worsens contact your GP or a health professional. If you become very unwell and are having trouble breathing contact triple zero, you may need to be admitted to hospital.
Michael, coronavirus survivor
Two days after I was intubated, I was put in induced coma. After being in hospital for 72 days, I know how it affected me, and members of my family.