Information for you
About coronavirus (COVID-19) for health professionals
See information on coronavirus (COVID-19) transmission, infection, immunity and recovery.
Assessment and testing for coronavirus (COVID-19)
Check who and how to test for coronavirus (COVID-19) and manage cases and contacts.
Health service planning
Find information and resources for Victorian hospitals and health services to plan their response to coronavirus (COVID-19).
GP practice planning
Explore resources to help general practitioners and health professionals manage their practice and workforce.
Clinical guidance and resources
View resources, information and guides for the care of patients and at-risk groups during the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic.
Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
Learn about the use of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) for health workers.
Vaccines and medications in patients with coronavirus (COVID-19)
Look at advice for health workers on vaccines and medications in patients with coronavirus (COVID-19).
Key update: elective surgery
- Non-urgent elective surgeries will resume across Victoria’s regional public and private hospitals from Thursday, 17 September and in metropolitan Melbourne from the end of September.
- The staged resumption will be in line with the Victorian Government’s roadmap for reopening.
- The plan will see regional Victoria increase to 75 per cent of usual elective surgery activity from Thursday, 17 September and 85 per cent from 28 September.
- Hospitals in metropolitan Melbourne will begin to increase up to 75 per cent of usual elective surgery activity from the 28 September, when they enter the Second Step of the roadmap, and 85 per cent of usual activity when they move to the Third Step.
- All Victorian hospitals will move to 100 per cent of usual elective surgery activity when the state enters the Last Step towards COVID Normal, planned for 23 November.
- Importantly, at all times throughout the pandemic, urgent elective surgery has continued across Victoria.
- Victorian coronavirus (COVID-19) data
- Subscribe to CHO alerts: health.vic.gov.au/newsletters
- Follow the Chief Health Officer on Twitter: twitter.com/VictorianCHO
The World Health Organisation (WHO) has declared the coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak a Public Health Emergency of International Concern.
This site will be updated as new information becomes available.
For Victorian updates to the current incident, go to:
Department of Health and Human Services, Victoria - Coronavirus (COVID-19)
For national updates:
- Department of Health (Australian Government) Coronavirus Alert
- Royal Australian College of General Practice (RACGP): https://www.racgp.org.au/coronavirus
- Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA): https://www.ahpra.gov.au/News/COVID-19.aspx
For international updates:
- WHO Western Pacific Coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak
- WHO Coronavirus resources https://www.who.int/health-topics/coronavirus
- Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) CDNA National Guidelines for Public Health Units (COVID-19 SoNG): https://www1.health.gov.au/internet/main/publishing.nsf/Content/cdna-song-novel-coronavirus.htm