Information for you
About coronavirus (COVID-19) for health professionals
See information on coronavirus (COVID-19) transmission, infection, immunity and recovery.
Assessment and testing for coronavirus (COVID-19)
Check who and how to test for coronavirus (COVID-19) and manage cases and contacts.
Health service planning
Find information and resources for Victorian hospitals and health services to plan their response to coronavirus (COVID-19).
GP practice planning
Explore resources to help general practitioners and health professionals manage their practice and workforce.
Clinical guidance and resources
View resources, information and guides for the care of patients and at-risk groups during the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic.
Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
Learn about the use of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) for health workers.
Vaccines and medications in patients with coronavirus (COVID-19)
Look at advice for health workers on vaccines and medications in patients with coronavirus (COVID-19).
Key update: elective surgery
- To ensure our hospitals have the beds, equipment and staff they need to continue the fight against coronavirus (COVID-19), all Category 3 and non-urgent Category 2 elective surgery across Victoria has been paused. These restrictions apply to public and private hospitals and day procedure centres.
- Category 1 and urgent Category 2 surgeries will continue to take place.
- IVF activity will also be exempt from these restrictions.
- Pausing all non-urgent elective surgery across the state will create additional capacity within the health system.
- Up-to-date epidemiological data
- Subscribe to CHO alerts: health.vic.gov.au/newsletters
- Subscribe to our Coronavirus update newsletter
- Follow the Chief Health Officer on Twitter: twitter.com/VictorianCHO
The World Health Organisation (WHO) has declared the coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak a Public Health Emergency of International Concern.
This site will be updated as new information becomes available.
For Victorian updates to the current incident, go to:
Department of Health and Human Services, Victoria - Coronavirus (COVID-19)
For national updates:
- Department of Health (Australian Government) Coronavirus Alert
- Royal Australian College of General Practice (RACGP): https://www.racgp.org.au/coronavirus
- Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA): https://www.ahpra.gov.au/News/COVID-19.aspx
For international updates:
- WHO Western Pacific Coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak
- WHO Coronavirus resources https://www.who.int/health-topics/coronavirus
- Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) CDNA National Guidelines for Public Health Units (COVID-19 SoNG): https://www1.health.gov.au/internet/main/publishing.nsf/Content/cdna-song-novel-coronavirus.htm