Information for you
About coronavirus (COVID-19) for health professionals
See information on coronavirus (COVID-19) transmission, infection, immunity and recovery.
Assessment and testing for coronavirus (COVID-19)
Check who and how to test for coronavirus (COVID-19) and manage cases and contacts.
Health service planning
Find information and resources for Victorian hospitals and health services to plan their response to coronavirus (COVID-19).
GP practice planning
Explore resources to help general practitioners and health professionals manage their practice and workforce.
Clinical guidance and resources
View resources, information and guides for the care of patients and at-risk groups during the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic.
Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
Learn about the use of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) for health workers.
Vaccines and medications in patients with coronavirus (COVID-19)
Look at advice for health workers on vaccines and medications in patients with coronavirus (COVID-19).
Key update: increase to elective surgery
- More category 2 and some category 3 elective surgeries will resume across public and private hospitals from 27 April 2020.
- This could include IVF procedures, post-cancer reconstruction procedures, eye procedures and cataracts, endoscopy and colonoscopy procedures, some dental procedures, joint replacements including knee, hip and shoulder and screening programs for cancer and other diseases. It also includes all procedures for children under the age of 18.
- This will be managed in a staged process to protect patients and healthcare workers and ensure enough capacity to treat coronavirus (COVID-19) patients is maintained if required.
- Up-to-date epidemiological data
- Subscribe to CHO alerts: health.vic.gov.au/newsletters
- Subscribe to our Coronavirus update newsletter
- Follow the Chief Health Officer on Twitter: twitter.com/VictorianCHO
The World Health Organisation (WHO) has declared the coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak a Public Health Emergency of International Concern.
This site will be updated as new information becomes available.
For Victorian updates to the current incident, go to:
Department of Health and Human Services, Victoria - Coronavirus (COVID-19)
For national updates:
- Department of Health (Australian Government) Coronavirus Alert
- Royal Australian College of General Practice (RACGP): https://www.racgp.org.au/coronavirus
- Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA): https://www.ahpra.gov.au/News/COVID-19.aspx
For international updates:
- WHO Western Pacific Coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak
- WHO Coronavirus resources https://www.who.int/health-topics/coronavirus
- Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) CDNA National Guidelines for Public Health Units (COVID-19 SoNG): https://www1.health.gov.au/internet/main/publishing.nsf/Content/cdna-song-novel-coronavirus.htm