Everyone who is tested for COVID-19 helps us understand how the virus is spreading.
Follow the steps on this page to help protect yourself and others from the spread of COVID-19.
- If you feel unwell, stay home and check your symptoms. Do not go to work or school.
- Get tested, even if you have the mildest symptoms of COVID-19.
- Find a nearby COVID-19 testing site.
- You can use the Testing registration form to fill in a form online before your COVID-19 test. This is optional.
- Get tested then go straight home and isolate while you wait for your results. Do not go to work or out shopping, stay at home.
- If you live with others, there is information available on what to do.
- If you are worried about losing income while you wait for your test results, or you need to take time off work if you test positive for COVID-19, financial and other support is available.
- You should receive your results within two days. If you have not received a result after five days and you were tested at:
- a clinic, hospital or pathology collection centre, call the place where you were tested
- a pop-up site, call the provider for the site where you were tested
- a drive-through testing site, call the Onsite Doctor Results Hotline on 03 8669 0255, from Monday to Friday between 8am and 7pm, or on weekends between 9am to 5pm.
- If you were not tested at any of the above locations or you have been unable to obtain your results, call the Coronavirus Test Results Hotline on 1800 573 222, from Monday to Friday between 8am and 6pm.
- If you test negative, your doctor or the clinic where you were tested will tell you your result. Once you feel well go about your normal activity, following the restrictions for your location.
- If you continue to have symptoms, ring your general practitioner for advice. If you become very unwell and are having trouble breathing contact triple zero (000).