Everyone who is tested for coronavirus (COVID-19) helps us understand how the virus is spreading.
Follow the steps on this page to help protect yourself and others from the spread of coronavirus (COVID-19).
- If you are feeling unwell do not go to work.
- Check your symptoms - you may have coronavirus (COVID-19) if you have any of the following: fever, chills or sweats, cough, sore throat, shortness of breath, runny nose and loss of sense of smell or taste.
- Get tested at a nearby testing location if you have any of the symptoms. Return home immediately.
- Wait for your test results. Do not go to work or go out shopping, stay at home. It usually takes between 1 and 3 days for your results to be returned to you. If you are worried your results are taking too long you can call a service provider for more information.
- If you are worried you will lose pay while you wait for your results you may be eligible for a $300 Coronavirus (COVID-19) Test Isolation Payment.
- If you test negative, go about your normal activity, following the restrictions for your location.
- If you test positive we will contact you. You will need to self-isolate for 14 days. Do not go to work. If you are worried you will lose pay you may be eligible for a $1500 Coronavirus (COVID-19) Worker Support Payment.
- If your condition worsens contact your GP or a health professional. If you become very unwell and are having trouble breathing contact triple zero (000), you may need to be admitted to hospital.
- If you have tested positive, have self-isolated for 14 days and have recovered you can resume your normal activity, following the restrictions for your location.
Coronavirus (COVID-19) Test Isolation and Worker Support Payments
Information about financial support for Victorian workers who are waiting for test results or self-isolating.
Coronavirus (COVID-19) interactive self-assessment
Our interactive self-assessment helps you understand your personal circumstances.