Priority processing of coronavirus (COVID-19) tests
Staff and residents of disability residential services who have symptoms of coronavirus (COVID-19) are considered a high priority when it comes to testing for coronavirus (COVID-19). This means the tests will be processed quickly and the results will be returned within 24 to 48 hours.
Daily staff attestations - Coronavirus (COVID-19) fact sheet for disability residential services
Disability residential service providers should implement daily attestations by staff that they are symptom-free prior to commencing a shift or day’s work. This is to ensure that staff are not working while unwell.
- Daily staff attestations - Coronavirus (COVID-19) fact sheet for disability residential services – 3 September 2020 (Word)
Workforce Restrictions - Coronavirus (COVID-19) fact sheet for disability service providers
This factsheet outlines the requirements for disability service providers and workers under the Permitted Worker and Childcare Permit Scheme Directions (Permitted Worker Directions) and Workplace Directions issued by the Chief Health Officer in accordance with powers arising from the declared state of emergency.
- Workforce restrictions - Coronavirus (COVID-19) fact sheet for disability service providers – 15 August 2020 (Word)
Coronavirus (COVID-19) Plan for the disability services sector
The plan is designed to enable disability service providers to continue essential services to people with disability.
This advice gives guidance on how the disability sector can operate and prioritise their efforts in this current stage of the coronavirus (COVID-19) response.
The department encourages you to always view the plan online as it will be updated regularly.
- Coronavirus (COVID-19) Plan for the disability services sector - Version 8 - 16 August 2020 (Word)
- Coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreaks in disability services - Immediate Action Steps - 14 August 2020 (Word)
Disability support workers – face masks at work
Frequently asked questions for disability support workers.
- Face masks at work: frequently asked questions for disability support workers (COVID-19) - 10 September 2020 (Word)
- How to put on and take off your personal protective equipment (PPE) - gown and gloves removed separately (PDF)
Additional support for people with disability
A funding package of $17 million will help support the needs of Victorians with disability during the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic.
People with disability face increased risks at this time, particularly those with underlying chronic health conditions and high support needs.
This funding will help improve access to health services, provide more respite care for families, and support the recruitment of new workers to the disability sector.
Further information and considerations specific to people with disability and the people that care for them is available on the Information for people with disability - coronavirus (COVID-19) page.
Isolation management in disability accommodation settings
These documents provide isolation management information and practice advice to service providers who support people with disability.
- Coronavirus (COVID-19) Information for people with disability and their carers while in self-isolation (Word)
- Coronavirus (COVID-19) Isolation management in disability accommodation (Word)
Care facilities directions
The Chief Health Officer is restricting access to facilities where vulnerable Victorians live and receive care. This will help protect elderly people, those with disability, people experiencing homelessness, and children and young people in secure welfare services from the spread of coronavirus (COVID-19). People who live in these care facilities are especially vulnerable to the transmission of coronavirus, and may be critically at-risk if exposed.
- Factsheet on Care facilities - Disability accommodation supplementary guidance (Word)
- Fact sheet on Stay at home and isolation directions for Supported Residential Services proprietors and staff (Word)
Disability services senior practitioner practice advice
These documents provide information and practice advice to senior practitioners and service providers who support people with disability.
- Diffusing tense situations during the coronavirus (COVID-19) restrictions (Word)
- Other proactive strategies to lessen impact of coronavirus (COVID-19) restrictions (Word)
- Using environmental changes to lessen the impact of coronavirus (COVID-19) (Word)
- Practice on a page: Telehealth and Functional Behaviour Assessments (Word)
Information for disability service providers
Guidance on important requirements and supports available to deliver services to people with disability.
- Coronavirus (COVID-19) restrictions - information for disability service providers (Word)
- Behaviour support services - Stage 4 restrictions - fact sheet for disability service providers, workers and carers (Word)
- Coronavirus (COVID-19) Guidance for service providers furloughing staff (Word)
- Disability worker mobility reduction payment initiative factsheet (11-09-2020) COVID-19 (Word)