Victoria has recorded no new cases of coronavirus since yesterday, with the total number of cases now at 20,345.
There have been no new deaths from COVID-19 reported since yesterday. To date, 819 people have died from coronavirus in Victoria.
This is the eleventh straight day where Victoria has recorded zero daily new cases or deaths.
The average number of cases diagnosed in the last 14 days (27 Oct – 9 Nov 2020) for metropolitan Melbourne is 0.4 and regional Victoria is zero. The rolling daily average case number is calculated by averaging out the number of new cases over the past 14 days.
The total number of cases from an unknown source in the last 14 days (25 Oct – 7 Nov 2020) is one for metropolitan Melbourne and zero from regional Victoria. The 14-day period for the source of acquisition data ends 48 hours earlier than the 14-day period used to calculate the new case average due to the time required to fully investigate a case and assign its mode of acquisition.
In Victoria at the current time:
- 4277 cases may indicate community transmission – no change since yesterday
- 4 cases are currently active in Victoria. All active cases are in metropolitan Melbourne
- 2 cases of coronavirus are in hospital, there are no cases in intensive care
- 19,522 people have recovered from the virus
- A total of 3,322,910 test results have been received which is an increase of 12,955 since yesterday.
Of the total cases:
- 18,953 cases are from metropolitan Melbourne, while 1197 are from regional Victoria
- Total cases include 9702 men and 10,630 women
- Total number of healthcare workers: 3574, active cases: 0.
As public health work is undertaken throughout the day, outbreak totals are likely to change as the public health team identify links between cases and identified outbreaks. Organisation based outbreak totals include contacts as well as employees/residents/staff/students of that location/business.
Information regarding COVID-19 is available at the Department of Health and Human Services website or by calling 1800 675 398. Testing site details are available from our Where to get tested page.
Department of Health & Human Services Media Unit (03) 9096 8860 or email@example.com
Cases by Local Government Area
Please find the latest COVID-19 notifications by local government areas below
- Residential location is the residential address provided when the case is notified.
- This is not where they were infected and may not be where the case currently resides.
- Numbers are correct as of 11.59pm last night but are subject to change as cases are followed up and data is analysed. This can include changes to residential addresses following case interviews.
- The last column shows the number of current active cases in an LGA. Active cases are defined as someone who has tested positive, is currently in isolation and being monitored by the Department and who has not yet recovered.
|LGA||Confirmed cases (ever)||Active cases (current)|