Victoria has recorded 45 new cases of coronavirus since yesterday, with the total number of cases now at 20,012.
The overall total has increased by 42 due to three cases being reclassified.
Within Victoria, 32 of the new cases are linked to outbreaks or complex cases and 13 are under investigation.
There have been five new deaths from COVID-19 reported since yesterday. One man aged in his 50s, one man aged in his 70s, one man aged in his 80s and two women aged in their 90s. Two of the deaths occurred prior to yesterday.
All of today’s deaths are linked to known outbreaks in aged care facilities. To date, 750 people have died from coronavirus in Victoria.
The average number of cases diagnosed in the last 14 days for metropolitan Melbourne is 42.7 and regional Victoria is 2.3. The rolling daily average case number is calculated by averaging out the number of new cases over the past 14 days.
The total number of cases from an unknown source in the last 14 days is 73 for metropolitan Melbourne and zero for regional Victoria. The 14-day period for the source of acquisition data ends 48 hours earlier than the 14-day period used to calculate the new case average due to the time required to fully investigate a case and assign its mode of acquisition.
In Victoria at the current time:
- 4272 cases may indicate community transmission – no change since yesterday
- 920 cases are currently active in Victoria
- 90 cases of coronavirus are in hospital, including 11 in intensive care
- 18,278 people have recovered from the virus
- A total of 2,551,044 test results have been received which is an increase of 15,910 since yesterday.
Of the 920 current active cases in Victoria:
- 883 are in metropolitan Melbourne under the First Step of our roadmap
- 30 are in regional local government areas under the Third Step of our roadmap.
- 3 are interstate residents
- 4 are either unknown or subject to further investigation
- Colac Otway has 14 active cases, Greater Geelong has three active cases, Greater Bendigo has one active case and Ballarat has no active cases.
Of the total cases:
- 18,638 cases are from metropolitan Melbourne, while 1199 are from regional Victoria
- Total cases include 9539 men and 10,459 women
- Total number of healthcare workers: 3477, active cases: 140
- There are 474 active cases relating to aged care facilities
Active aged care outbreaks with the highest cumulative case numbers are as follows:
- 254 cases have been linked to BaptCare Wyndham Lodge Community in Werribee
- 219 cases have been linked to Epping Gardens Aged Care in Epping
- 215 cases have been linked to St Basil’s Homes for the Aged in Fawkner
- 166 cases have been linked to Estia Aged Care Facility in Ardeer
- 140 cases have been linked to Kirkbrae Presbyterian Homes in Kilsyth
- 130 cases have been linked to BlueCross Ruckers Hill Aged Care Facility in Northcote
- 128 cases have been linked to Twin Parks Aged Care in Reservoir
- 124 cases have been linked to Cumberland Manor Aged Care Facility in Sunshine North
- 119 cases have been linked to Japara Goonawarra Aged Care Facility in Sunbury
- 119 cases have been linked to Estia Aged Care Facility in Heidelberg
In Victoria there is currently one active cases in residential disability accommodation:
- Total resident cases: 0; Total Staff cases: 1
- Active cases in NDIS homes: 1 (0 residents)
- Active cases in ‘transfer’ homes (State regulated/funded): 0
- Active cases in state government delivered and funded homes: 0
Non-aged care outbreaks with the highest number of active cases include:
- 30 active cases are currently linked to the Casey community outbreak (total cases: 34)
- 13 active cases are currently linked to Footscray Hospital (total cases: 15)
- 9 active cases are currently linked to Vawdrey Australia Truck Manufacturer (total cases: 64)
- 6 active cases are currently linked to Bulla Dairy Foods in Colac (total cases: 20)
- 6 active cases are currently linked to Dandenong Police Station (total cases: 17)
- 6 active cases are currently linked to Wydinia Kindergarten in Colac (total cases: 16)
The Department is investigating cases linked to Commercial Fitout Solutions in Eltham.
As public health work is undertaken throughout the day, outbreak totals are likely to change as the public health team identify links between cases and identified outbreaks. Organisation based outbreak totals include contacts as well as employees/residents/staff/students of that location/business.
Department of Health & Human Services Media Unit (03) 9096 8860 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Cases by Local Government Area
Please find the latest COVID-19 notifications by local government areas below
- Residential location is the residential address provided when the case is notified.
- This is not where they were infected and may not be where the case currently resides.
- Numbers are correct as of 11.59pm last night but are subject to change as cases are followed up and data is analysed. This can include changes to residential addresses following case interviews.
- The last column shows the number of current active cases in an LGA. Active cases are defined as someone who has tested positive, is currently in isolation and being monitored by the Department
|LGA||Confirmed cases (ever)||Active cases (current)|