Victoria has recorded two new cases of coronavirus since yesterday, with the total number of cases now at 20,342.
Today’s new cases are close contacts of known cases linked to the northern metropolitan region community outbreak and are associated with the Regis Macleod aged care facility and East Preston Islamic College. Both cases were in isolation when they were diagnosed. The cases are in the local government areas of Darebin and Yarra.
There have been two new deaths from COVID-19 reported since yesterday, a man aged in his 70s and a man aged in his 80s.
Both deaths are historic cases that have now been linked to COVID-19. One death occurred on 6 September and the other was on 7 October. Both are also linked to aged care outbreaks. To date, 819 people have died from coronavirus in Victoria.
The average number of cases diagnosed in the last 14 days (14 Oct 2020 – 27 Oct 2020) for metropolitan Melbourne is 2.7 and regional Victoria is zero. The rolling daily average case number is calculated by averaging out the number of new cases over the past 14 days.
The total number of cases from an unknown source in the last 14 days (12 Oct 2020 – 25 Oct 2020) is three for metropolitan Melbourne and zero from regional Victoria. The 14-day period for the source of acquisition data ends 48 hours earlier than the 14-day period used to calculate the new case average due to the time required to fully investigate a case and assign its mode of acquisition.
The Department of Health and Human Services continues to work to contain an outbreak of coronavirus in Melbourne’s northern suburbs with more than 23,000 tests processed from that area since last Tuesday.
A total of 4689 test results have been processed since yesterday, including more than 1200 tests processed this morning, from northern suburbs testing sites in the local government areas of Banyule, Darebin, Hume, Moreland and Nillumbik.
Testing sites open in northern metropolitan Melbourne today include:
- Croxton School, 159 Beaconsfield Pde, Northcote, In-home testing for remaining close contacts
- Broadmeadows Central Shopping Centre, north carpark, Pascoe Vale Rd, Broadmeadows, 9am–5pm.
- Coolaroo Respiratory Centre, 512 Barry St, Coolaroo, 9am-5pm, people with symptoms only
- Craigieburn Health Service, 274–304 Craigieburn Road, 9am–5pm.
- Melbourne Airport, Terminal 4 Level 2 (Mercer Dve exit off Tullamarine Fwy), 9am–5pm.
- Roxburgh Park Station, Thomas Brunton Pde (opposite Dosa Corner), 9am-5pm.
- Roxburgh Park Youth and Recreation Centre, 75 Lakeside Drive, Roxburgh Park, 9am-12.30pm and 1pm-5pm.
- Western Health – Sunbury Respiratory Clinic, 29 Timins St, Sunbury, 10am-5.30pm
- Austin Hospital,145 Studley Rd, Heidelberg, 8am–8pm
- Banyule Health, 21 Alamein Rd, Heidelberg West, 10am–4pm.
- Banyule Health, 14–32 Civic Drive, Greensborough, 9am–4pm.
- Heidelberg West, mobile unit aligned to community engagement movements including at Malahang Reserve, 10am-5pm.
- Northland Shopping Centre, Target carpark via Murray Rd, Preston, 9am–5pm.
- CB Smith Reserve, 79 Jukes Rd, Fawkner, 9am–4pm.
- Reservoir Leisure Centre, 2A Cuthbert Rd, Reservoir, 10am-5pm
There are three mystery cases recorded in the last 14 days (12 Oct 2020 – 25 Oct 2020) located in the following postcodes, 3029, 3128 and 3152.
In Victoria at the current time:
- 4276 cases may indicate community transmission – no change since yesterday
- 80 cases are currently active in Victoria.
- 3 cases of coronavirus are in hospital, there are no cases in intensive care
- 19,376 people have recovered from the virus
- A total of 3,106,653 test results have been received which is an increase of 24,673 since yesterday.
Of the 80 current active cases in Victoria:
- 80 are in metropolitan Melbourne under the Third Step of our roadmap
- There are no cases in regional local government areas under the Third Step of our roadmap.
Of the total cases:
- 18,948 cases are from metropolitan Melbourne, while 1199 are from regional Victoria
- Total cases include 9700 men and 10,629 women
- Total number of healthcare workers: 3582, active cases: 6
- There are 3 active cases relating to aged care facilities
Non-aged care outbreaks with the highest number of active cases include:
- Northern metro region community (active 23, total 41)
- Eastern Health Box Hill Hospital (active 4, total 15)
As public health work is undertaken throughout the day, outbreak totals are likely to change as the public health team identify links between cases and identified outbreaks. Organisation based outbreak totals include contacts as well as employees/residents/staff/students of that location/business.
Information regarding COVID-19 is available at the Department of Health and Human Services website or by calling 1800 675 398. Testing site details are available here: dhhs.vic.gov.au/where-get-tested-covid-19
Department of Health & Human Services Media Unit (03) 9096 8860 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Cases by Local Government Area
Please find the latest COVID-19 notifications by local government areas below
- Residential location is the residential address provided when the case is notified.
- This is not where they were infected and may not be where the case currently resides.
- Numbers are correct as of 11.59pm last night but are subject to change as cases are followed up and data is analysed. This can include changes to residential addresses following case interviews.
- The last column shows the number of current active cases in an LGA. Active cases are defined as someone who has tested positive, is currently in isolation and being monitored by the Department and who has not yet recovered.
|LGA||Confirmed cases (ever)||Active cases (current)|