Coronavirus (COVID-19) Plan for the Victorian Community Services Sector
The Coronavirus (COVID-19) Plan for the Victorian Community Services Sector is designed to enable the ongoing provision of vital services to vulnerable and disadvantaged Victorians.
As restrictions are eased, this plan will be updated and re-circulated. Please view the plan online, as any printed copies may be superseded by newer versions online.
- Coronavirus (COVID-19) Plan for the Victorian Community Services Sector - Version 2 - 30 April 2020 (Word).
A note from the Deputy Secretary, Children, Families, Communities & Disability formally launching the COVID-19 Plan for the Victorian Community Services Sector:
Guidance for coronavirus (COVID-19) planning in the community services sector
The Guidance for coronavirus (COVID-19) planning in the community services sector has been issued to provide advice and tools for the community services sector in preparing for service changes, including restoration of face-to-face services. Sector specific guidance may also be updated to reflect this advice to ensure our approach to service continuity is aligned. It supplements the Coronavirus (COVID-19) Plan for the community services sector and is intended to support updates to your existing business continuity planning.
- Guidance for coronavirus (COVID-19) planning in the community services sector - Version 3 - 5 August 2020 (Word)
This guidance includes tools to assist organisations with coronavirus (COVID-19) planning such as:
- key considerations to apply when determining how to deliver services safely
- tools to help organisations identify risks of coronavirus transmission and develop strategies to respond to those risks while working to transition to normal service delivery.
The guidance is intended to remain relevant as restrictions continue to be adjusted, yet the risk posed by coronavirus remains.
The department will continue to work with you to understand the changing needs of your organisations, your staff and your clients. This includes where additional guidance or support may be required.
Personal protective equipment (PPE) for community service providers
The following guidance applies to outreach home-based care, and residential care.
- Personal protective equipment (PPE) for community service providers for prevention of coronavirus (COVID-19) - 10 July 2020 (Word)
Fact sheet for providers of residential care, supported residential services, disability group homes, crisis and congregate homelessness services and other care settings.
- Frequently asked questions for community services workers about wearing face coverings - 4 August 2020 (Word)
This document outlines the department’s key principles and changes in approach that funded agencies can expect in relation to monitoring and managing service delivery performance and continuity issues.
Funding and service delivery
On Friday 13 March 2020, the Victorian Council of Social Service (VCOSS) and the Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS) co-hosted an information session for the community sector about the ongoing response to the COVID-19 outbreak and sector preparedness. This FAQ responds to questions raised during the forum regarding COVID-19 and its interaction with service delivery and funding.
Community Activation and Social Isolation Initiative
Information about the Victorian Government’s new Community Activation and Social Isolation (CASI) initiative for local organisations, stakeholders and individuals. The initiative is intended to help people who might be feeling lonely or have lost their regular networks during coronavirus (COVID-19) to build social connections and networks of support in their local communities.
As part of the initiative, people can now call the coronavirus (COVID-19) hotline (1800 675 398) to receive emotional support if they are feeling lonely or disconnected as a result of coronavirus (COVID-19).
- Community activation and social isolation initiative - Information for local organisations (COVID-19) factsheet - 24 July 2020 (Word)
- Community activation and social isolation initiative - Supporting social connection Information for stakeholders (COVID-19) factsheet - 24 July 2020 (Word)
- Supporting social connection through coronavirus (COVID-19) - Information for individuals factsheet - 24 July 2020 (Word)