For advice, updates and support to help your workplace plan and respond to coronavirus visit the Business Victoria Coronavirus Support website.
Business Victoria hotline
Businesses across the state can now access information on dealing with coronavirus (COVID-19) by calling the Business Victoria hotline on 13 22 15.
Operators calling the hotline can get information about support services, including those available through Business Victoria, which offer mentoring to help operators develop business continuity and recovery plans.
The hotline will provide the latest information on the response to COVID-19 and how this affects businesses, including how to access financial support available through the national stimulus package.
What business activity is essential and non-essential?
Stay up to date with restrictions and information about essential and non-essential business activity and review directions from Victoria's Chief Health Officer by visiting our state of emergency page.
What are some of the things I can do right now?
Organisations and employers who are responsible for a workplace that is an essential activity should take actions now to reduce the risk of transmission of coronavirus.
The actions you should take are:
- Encourage flexible working arrangements including working from home and off-peak travel
- Ensuring you have adequate hygiene and sanitation supplies such as bleach, alcohol sanitisers and hand soap
- Providing and encouraging the use of hand sanitisers for use on entering buildings
- Ensure high standards of routine environmental cleaning
- Clean and disinfect high touch surfaces regularly, including desks and keyboards
- Open windows, enhance airflow, adjust air conditioning
- Promote preventive actions amongst your staff - lead by example.
- Avoid large indoor meetings and lunchrooms and use outdoor venues
- Plan for increased levels of staff absences
- Plan for what to do if staff arrive sick at work.
Cleaning and disinfecting tips for non-healthcare settings
Cleaning and disinfecting to reduce COVID-19 transmission - tips for non-healthcare settings guide (Word) – advice on cleaning and disinfecting to reduce the risk of COVID-19 transmission in all non-healthcare settings in Victoria. The principles in the guide apply equally to domestic settings, office buildings, small retail businesses, social venues and all other non-healthcare settings.
Personal protective equipment (PPE) guidance
The Procurement of personal protective equipment (PPE) for workplaces in the coronavirus (COVID-19) environment frequently asked questions (Word) provides guidance on best practice to slow the spread of coronavirus within the work environment for services outside of the health and aged care systems, including the appropriate use of personal protective equipment (also known as PPE).
The Appropriate use of personal protective equipment (PPE) for coronavirus (COVID-19) in the work environment frequently asked questions (Word) provides guidance on best practice for slowing the spread of coronavirus (COVID-19) within the work environment for services outside of the health system (health and aged care services), including the process for procuring personal protective equipment (also known as PPE) where it is required. This document should be read in conjunction with the advice on the appropriate use of personal protective equipment.
Preventing infectious diseases in the workplace
- Worksafe Victoria – Coronavirus (COVID-19) and preventing infectious diseases in the workplace.
Planning and responding to coronavirus (COVID-19) in the business sector
- Department of Job, Precincts and Regions – Information, advice, updates and support for business to respond to coronavirus (COVID-19).
- Business Victoria – Information, advice, updates and support to help business plan and respond to coronavirus (COVID-19).
- Creative Victoria – Information for the creative industries.
- Sport and Recreation Victoria – Information for the sport and recreation industries.
- Visit Victoria – Information for tourism and events industries.
Aged care sector
- Aged care – coronavirus disease (COVID-19) – Resources and information for the aged care sector.
Campaign resources for industry and employers
- Australian Government Department of Health – campaign resources for industry and employers.
Financial assistance and eligibility for business
- Australian Government business – information on financial assistance, eligibility and timing support for Australian businesses.
- Victorian Civil and Administrative Tribunal - For information on VCAT hearings