- From 11:59pm on 27 October businesses in metropolitan Melbourne can open. The permitted industries list no longer applies.
- Workers only require permits if they are travelling between metropolitan Melbourne and regional Victoria for work.
- Businesses still operating in Victoria must have developed and implemented a COVIDSafe Plan to reduce the risk of coronavirus (COVID-19) spreading within the workplace (unless they have no employees onsite).
- Several industries have also been identified as high-risk. The businesses in these sectors must have a High Risk COVIDSafe Plan to complement their COVIDSafe Plan.
- For information about the restrictions that apply to businesses visit business and work.
Metro-regional work travel permit
Visit the Metro-regional work travel permit page for more information and to download the Metro-regional work travel permit form.
Business Victoria industry detailed guidance
For up-to-date operational guidance for businesses and industries under current restrictions, as well as information to help you prepare a COVIDSafe Plan, visit the Coronavirus website on vic.gov.au.