- From 11:59pm on 27 October businesses in metropolitan Melbourne can open. The permitted industries list no longer applies.
- Workers only require permits if they are travelling between metropolitan Melbourne and regional Victoria for work.
- Businesses still operating in Victoria must have developed and implemented a COVIDSafe Plan to reduce the risk of coronavirus (COVID-19) spreading within the workplace (unless they have no employees onsite).
- Several industries have also been identified as high-risk. The businesses in these sectors must have a High Risk COVIDSafe Plan to complement their COVIDSafe Plan.
- For information about the restrictions that apply to businesses visit business and work.
On this page
Permitted workplaces by industry
Permitted worker scheme
It is the responsibility of employers to issue individual worker permits to employees who are required to attend a workplace.
Visit the Permitted worker scheme page for more information about the scheme, access to childcare for permitted workers and to download the Worker Permit form.
Business Victoria industry detailed guidance
For up-to-date operational guidance for businesses and industries under current restrictions, as well as information to help you prepare a COVIDSafe Plan, visit the Business Victoria website.
Directions issued by Victoria’s Chief Health Officer
These directions identify permitted workplaces and restricted workplace activity under current restrictions.
This table describes the ‘Permitted Work Premises List’ for the purposes of the Restricted Activity Directions (Restricted Areas), which came into effect as at 5 August 2020 from 11:59pm.
This is version 15 of the Permitted Work Premises List, effective as at 26 October 2020 from 2.59pm.