On this page
About the project
The Virginia Hill Estate is in Eaglehawk, 6km from central Bendigo. The site is within walking distance of Eaglehawk railway station, the town centre, schools, community facilities and open space.
The estate has 66 homes that were mostly constructed in the 1980s. The houses are in a series of narrow courts which could be better designed to increase connectivity. The courts are linked by underutilised open spaces that don’t meet the needs of the community.
Late 2019: The project will be introduced to the community and a consultative committee established to inform the project.
Early 2020: The first phase of the Virginia Hill Estate revitalisation project will be to consult with the community about what they value about the area and what they would like to see improved. The information gathered in the first phase will help form a draft masterplan.
Mid 2020: Once a draft masterplan has been prepared, it will be brought to the community for feedback.
Late 2020: The masterplan will be updated in response to community feedback and finalised. Actions in the masterplan will begin.
Have your say
The strongest community plans are community led.
Consultation is at the heart of the planning process and we will be consulting with stakeholders and the community throughout the project to understand their needs and to make sure that the plan delivers the best possible outcomes.
Public consultation will occur in two key phases:
- In early 2020, we will work with community members to build a shared understanding and vision for Virginia Hill Estate.
- During the second phase in late 2020, we will seek feedback from the community on the draft plan.
The Virginia Hill Estate Consultative Committee will provide residents and community groups the opportunity to take part in the project and provide detailed feedback.
Members will give a local perspective, review project materials in details, and provide relevant information to the community.
This committee of 8-12 people plans to meet four times over the next 12 months.
The Virginia Hill Estate Consultative Committee will be chaired by Maree Edwards, State Member for Bendigo West.
Residents and community members can to apply to join the Consultative Committee by completing the online application.
Key details are:
- Apply to join the Committee using the online application by 17 January 2020
- We will let applicants know if they will be on the committee by 10 February 2020.
- The first Committee meeting is planned for February 2020 (subject to change)
- The group will plan to meet four times over the next 12 months.
- Members will adhere to the Consultative Committee Terms of Reference (Word) and Consultative Committee Code of Conduct (Word).
Further information read the Virginia Hill Consultative Committee information sheet (Word).
Ben Weiner, Principal Project Manager
(03) 9096 8748
Virginia Hill Estate Residents contact:
Chris Bolton, Client Service and Housing Services Manager
(03) 5434 5529