On this page
About the project
The Delacombe Estate in Ballarat is located about 6km south-west of central Ballarat. The site is near the new Delacombe Town Centre and the Doug Dean Reserve, an area highly valued by the community.
The estate has about 180 homes that were mostly constructed in the 1970s. Access to surrounding open space, community facilities and shops could be improved by creating better connections that integrate the estate with the surrounding community.
Late 2019: The project will be introduced to the community and a consultative committee established to inform the project.
Early 2020: The first phase of the Delacombe Estate revitalisation project will be to consult with the community about what they value about the area and what they would like to see improved. The information gathered in the first phase will help form a draft masterplan.
Mid 2020: Once a draft masterplan has been prepared, it will be brought to the community for feedback.
Late 2020: The masterplan will be updated in response to community feedback and finalised. Actions in the masterplan will begin.
Have your say
The strongest community plans are community led.
Consultation is at the heart of the planning process and we will be consulting with stakeholders and the community throughout the project to understand their needs and to make sure that the plan delivers the best possible outcomes.
Public consultation will occur in two key phases:
- In early 2020, we will work with community members to build a shared understanding and vision for Delacombe Estate.
- During the second phase in late 2020, we will seek feedback from the community on the draft plan.
The Delacombe Estate Consultative Committee will provide residents and community groups the opportunity to take part in the project and provide detailed feedback.
Members will give a local perspective, review project materials in details, and provide relevant information to the community.
This committee of 8-10 people plans to meet four times over the next 12 months.
The Delacombe Estate Consultative Committee will be chaired by Juliana Addison, State Member for Wendouree.
Residents and community members can to apply to join the Consultative Committee by completing an online application.
- Apply to join the Committee using the online application by 20 December 2019.
- We will let applicants know if they will be on the committee by 30 January 2020.
- The first Committee meeting is planned for February 2020 (subject to change).
- The group will plan to meet four times over the next 12 months.
- Members will adhere to the Consultative Committee Terms of Reference (Word) and Consultative Committee Code of Conduct (Word).
For more information read the Delacombe Estate Consultative Committee (Word).
Ella Adams, Senior Project Manager
(03) 9096 8749
Delacombe Estate residents contact:
Simon Walter, Client Service and Housing Services Manager
(03) 5333 6530