On this page
Over the next 15 to 20 years the Ascot Vale Estate will be redeveloped to better support residents with modern housing, well-designed community spaces and improved facilities.
The community has helped the department to identify principles for the redevelopment of the estate which will inform the shared community vision.
- From late August to mid-October 2018, 18 principles were identified to capture the participants values and aspirations for the future of the estate.
- From early November to mid-December 2018, the 18 principles were tested and overwhelmingly endorsed by community members. Based on the feedback received, the principles were summarised in to 10 high level principles with actions to achieve them.
- In November 2019 several community focus groups were held on the estate to refine the 10 high-level principles.
In late November 2019, the Ascot Vale Consultative Committee was established and met for first time.
The Ascot Vale Consultative Committee was due to review the final principles for the Ascot Vale Shared Vision in early 2020. Unfortunately, due to the COVID-19 pandemic, this has been delayed. Work on the masterplan for the estate will not commence until the principles have been endorsed and final Shared Community Vision has been prepared.
Once social distancing measures are relaxed, the Ascot Vale Consultative Committee will reconvene to review and endorse the principles which will guide the Ascot Vale Estate masterplan.
For more information about the process to date, see:
- Shared Vision phase one report – 31 October 2018 (Word)
- Shared Vision phase two report – 21 February 2019 (Word)
For more information about the renewal, see Ascot Vale Estate.
- Consultation to create a shared vision – complete
- Ascot Vale Estate Fiesta – complete
- Consultation to create planning principles – complete
- Consultation on draft planning principles – complete
- Final Shared Vision and principles released – mid 2020 (depending on COVID-19 restrictions).
Frequently asked questions
The shared vision will describe the community you want to live in and will inform the future masterplan for the Ascot Vale Estate.
The shared vision will describe how the Ascot Vale Estate will feel, how it will look, how it will be used, how it will be accessed, how it will be inclusive, how it will be safe and, importantly, how it will reflect the values and aspirations of the community.
In 2018, the local community was invited to contribute their ideas to help create the shared vision over two phases of engagement. The first phase ran from 31 August to 14 October 2018, it identified 18 draft principles to capture the participants values and aspirations for the future of the estate. Between 5 November and 16 December 2018 these principles were tested in a second phase of engagement and were overwhelmingly endorsed by community members. Based on the feedback received they were then summarised in to ten principles and the actions needed to achieve them.
In November 2019, several community focus groups were held on the estate to refine the 10 high-level principles.
Work on the masterplan for the estate will not commence until the 10 high-level principles have been reviewed and endorsed by the Ascot Vale Consultative Committee.
The Ascot Vale Estate Renewal Project update provides an update on the Dunlop Avenue renewal and the Ascot Vale Estate Vision.
- Ascot Vale Estate Renewal Project update, September 2019 (PDF)
- Ascot Vale Estate Renewal Project update, September 2018 (PDF)
To register for project updates, send your details to email@example.com
Lynne Jarman, Principal Project Manager
0448 970 312
Community engagement contact
0447 588 913
Ascot Vale estate residents contact
Mark Corbett, Tenant Engagement and Relocations Officer
0447 842 369
Further Information for estate residents about relocations can be found on the HousingVic website.