On this page
Over the next 15 – 20 years the Ascot Vale Estate will be redeveloped to better support residents with modern housing, and well-designed community spaces and facilities.
In 2018, the community was invited to contribute their ideas to help create the shared vision over two phases of engagement.
- From late August to mid-October 2018, 18 principles were identified to capture the participants values and aspirations for the future of the estate.
- From early November to mid-December 2018, the 18 principles were tested and overwhelmingly endorsed by community members. Based on the feedback received, the principles were summarised in to 10 high level principles with actions to achieve them.
Commencing in late 2019, a third phase of engagement will seek feedback on the 10 high level principles and actions. Feedback will be sought from community members as well as a newly formed Ascot Vale Consultative Committee. More information is available if you are interested in applying to be a member of the Ascot Vale Consultative Committee.
Read more about the renewal and of the Ascot Vale Estate.
- Consultation to create a shared vision - Complete
- Ascot Vale Estate Fiesta - Complete
- Consultation to create planning principles - Complete
- Consultation on draft planning principles - Late 2019
- Final Shared Vision and principles released - Early 2020
Frequently asked questions
The shared vision will describe the community you want to live in and will inform the future masterplan for the Ascot Vale Estate. The shared vision will describe how the Ascot Vale Estate will feel; how it will look; how it will be used; how it will be accessed; how it will be inclusive; how it will be safe; and importantly, how it will reflect the values and aspirations of the community.
In 2018 the community was invited to contribute their ideas to help create the shared vision over two phases of engagement. The first phase ran from 31 August to 14 October 2018, it identified 18 draft principles to capture the participants values and aspirations for the future of the estate. Between 5 November and 16 December 2018 these principles were tested in a second phase of engagement and were overwhelmingly endorsed by community members. Based on the feedback received they were then summarised in to ten principles and the actions needed to achieve them.
The ten high level principles and actions will be tested and refined again by the community in phase three of engagement. This engagement will start in late 2019 and will involve conversations with community members and input from the Ascot Vale Consultative Committee.
The Ascot Vale Estate Renewal Project update provides an update on the Dunlop Avenue renewal and the Ascot Vale Estate Vision.
- Ascot Vale Estate Renewal Project update, September 2019 (PDF)
- Ascot Vale Estate Renewal Project update, September 2018 (PDF)
To register for project updates, send your details to email@example.com
Jessica Tulloch, Principal Project Manager
(03) 9096 5898
Community engagement contact
0447 588 913
Ascot Vale estate residents contact
Mark Corbett, Tenant Engagement and Relocations Officer
0447 842 369
Further Information for estate residents about relocations can be found on the HousingVic website.